Any homeowner knows that renovation projects take a lot of organization. It’s all about timing. If you’re ordering new items, such as window shutters for your Elk Grove, CA home, you need to make sure that they arrive when you need them. If they are delivered too early, they will sit around and get in the way, but if they arrive too late, they can disorganize your entire timeline.
In order to make sure that you get your new window shutters at the right time you need to order them at the right time. But when is that? The delivery timeline of your window shutters depends on a few factors:
- What Kind You Choose – Different types of shutters take different times to be delivered. For example, pre-made shutters can be delivered quickly while custom shutters take much longer. More budget-friendly shutters often take longer to be delivered as they are generally made overseas and have to be shipped.
- Where the Shutters are Made – Your shutter delivery time also depends on where the shutters are made. American-made shutters can be made and delivered to places in the United States sometimes as quick as 2 or 4 weeks. On the other hand, shutters made overseas can take between 5 and 6 weeks for manufacturing and transit from the overseas facility.
- Custom Details – If your shutters require special modifications or details you need to add at least a week or two to the delivery timeline. These modifications, like cut-outs for French Door handles or custom color matching require extra time not only for production but also for the additional approvals and reviews needed to ensure you are completely satisfied with the end result. You should budget at least 7 to 8 weeks for more specialized window shutters.
- Your Ordering Process – Most shutter businesses have unique ordering processes to make sure that customers are happy with the end result. These processes can entail in-home consultations, taking measurements, reviews and confirmations. Consult with your shutter professional for an accurate timeline.
- Color Matching – Trying to match an existing color in your home always adds additional time. The added time is necessary for looking at swatches and ordering and reviewing color samples. It’s important to look at samples in person as photos can vary in tone, brightness and even texture. Requesting color samples takes a few extra days, but tis always worth it.
If getting new window shutters for your home is something you see in your future, be sure to take time to plan out your shutter timeline. Not only will this ensure you’re not stresses out or disappointed, but it can also save you money as express shipping or expedited orders can cost a premium. Try to work backwards from when you want the shutters to come up with your ideal ordering date.