Thinking about investing in window shutters for your Elk Grove, CA home? Great call! Shutters are an excellent addition to any home. But have you thought about louver style? Material? Available upgrades? Use this list of things to consider to ensure you have the information you need to get the best possible shutters.
- Louver Size is Key – The louver, the part of the shutter that moves up and down to block or let in light, is an essential part of the shutter function and overall look. Knowing what you want the room to feel like when you are done is very important to your louver selection process. Do you want a contemporary feel, with clean, wide-open windows and big louvers, or are you looking for a traditional sense in the home, with classic double-hung shutters with small louvers? Also, you can’t forget that louver sizes are also essential to consider in conjunction with window size, as more oversized windows need larger shutters.
- Don’t Forget About Installation – Even the best shutters won’t do you any good if they aren’t installed properly. You need a qualified, experienced shutter installation expert to install your shutters according to manufacturer requirements to make sure they work well, look good, and are under warranty.
- Material is Important – The material you choose for your window shutters is very important in both style and function. Shutter material affects energy efficiency, longevity, durability, and overall appearance. There are many shutter material choices, from wood and vinyl to polyresin and more, so consider your options and how each choice could affect your shutters in the years to come.
- Motorization is Possible – Your TV, phone, HVAC, and other home items are automated, so why not your shutters? Motorized shutters allow you to open, close, and customize your shutters at the touch of a button. You can program your shutters to tilt at a particular time of day or even to close when it’s time for bed.
- Shutters Stay on the Appraisal – Unlike other window coverings, shutters stay on your home appraisal as a tricky fixture upgrade. This means that they add long-term value to your home and can even help you recoup the money you spent on them in the years to come.
- Upgrades Make a Big Difference – There are many minor upgrades you can make to your shutters that will greatly impact their look and function. For example, pulls, locks and hidden hinges make significant differences in safety and style but don’t cost that much. You can also invest in more considerable upgrades like hidden or invisible tilt rods to improve the shutter’s overall look and style.
The shutter purchase is significant, but the improved curb appeal, light control, and increased value for your home, not to mention the increased style, are worth it. Want more information on choosing Elk Grove, CA window shutters? The Shutter Source is here to help. Call or visit us today!