If you have kids, choosing the right window treatments for your home isn’t just about style and function. It’s also about safety. While aesthetics, durability, maintenance, and functionality are critical factors, safety should be the primary concern for your window treatments. Learn more about child-safe window coverings like window shutters to help make your Elk Grove, CA home a safe place to learn and grow.
Dangling cords from window treatments are some of the biggest causes of injury and fatalities in children. Kids can easily and quickly get tangled up in cords like the inner cords in horizontal blinds and Roman shades, continuous loop cords used in vertical and roll-up shades, and even loops created after installation, leading to tragic results. Even knotting or tying up lines doesn’t make them safe, as the knots and ties can make it even easier for little ones to get tangled.
So, what can you do? How can you cover your windows?
When it comes to safety, cordless window treatments are the best choice. Here is a list of stylish, functional, and safe cordless window treatment options to inspire your choice:
- Shutters – Window shutters are child-safe options with classic style and convenient function. Available in different wood and composite materials, plenty of colors, and hundreds of different shapes and styles, it’s easy to find shutters that work with your home décor needs and window shapes.
- Cordless Blinds – Instead of cords, cordless blinds use a hidden lift mechanism to raise and lower the blind. You have to push up on the blind to open or pull it down to close. They have a sleek, clean, and modern look and are incredibly easy to operate.
- Motorized Window Treatments – Motorized window treatments like shades, blinds, and shutters are great for safety and function as they are built without cords. Plus, they’re incredibly convenient as they give you complete control with a button, remote, or even an app on your phone. You can also find motorized window coverings with a system of heat sensors that automatically adjusts the body as the temperatures change throughout the day, boosting energy efficiency and saving money.
- Cellular Shades – Cellular shades’ honeycomb design saves energy, is cordless for safety, and makes controlling light easy even from hard-to-reach windows from even the most challenging window to reach. What’s more, you can find cellular shades in various colors and textures.
- Roller Shades – Roller shades work alone when paired with other window treatments like curtains. They come in many different colors, textures, and fabrics to match your décor and offer various light filtering and room darkening options that provide just the amount of light control you need. The best part? They’re cord-free!
Don’t take a chance on cords when it comes to child or pet safety. Pick the safest products available, like Elk Grove, CA, window shutters. The Shutter Source is here to help if you want more tips on home safety, shutters, or choosing the best window coverings for your home. Call today!