Don’t lose sleep over what kind of window shutters to use in your Elk Grove, CA bedrooms. For starters, shutters are already a great candidate for bedroom window coverings. But also, the many different kinds of shutters offer plenty of variations that allow you to find bedroom window treatments that take the following factors into consideration:
- Light Blockage – Light blockage is very important for bedroom shutters as harsh morning light can disrupt your sleep. Look for shutters made with slats that close flat in the upward direction to maximize light blockage. Most shutters are not complete blackout shutters, but they will keep the room dark enough to keep you comfortable while sleeping. You can also look for shutters made with a light block piece that reduces the amount of light the enters between the shutter frame and panels, or those that have overlapping panels to again minimize light. Additionally, you can get solid raised or full height shutters, as café style shutters leave the upper part of the window open for light to come in.
- Privacy – Privacy is key when it comes to your bedroom. Some window treatments, like curtains, don’t offer as much privacy as you would want. This is especially true for bedrooms that are on the first floor or have windows that face the street or an alley. Shutters provide ideal bedroom privacy as you can partially open the slats to let in light while still maintaining privacy. You can get shutters with various slat sizes to personalize your privacy even more.
- Insulation – Shutters also offer extra insulation that can reduce noise pollution from outside your bedroom to help you sleep soundly and can help keep your room at an ideal temperature for your comfort.
- Ease of Maintenance – Cleaning your room might not be as bad as it once was, but it’s still not fun. Shutters are super easy to clean, taking away one step from your bedroom cleaning routine. Just wipe the shutters down with a cloth or duster and you’re good to go.
- Simple Style – Shutters come in a wide range of styles and colors, allowing you to easily find the perfect ones to complement and match your bedroom décor. Check out different colors and materials to find the exact look you want. Various stains and wood grains look good with different room colors and styles. The same goes for colored faux wood shutters. You can also order color samples to get a better idea of your options before you commit.
Shutters make ideal window treatments for bedrooms for these reasons and many more. Want to learn more about shutters or how to dress your bedroom windows? The Shutter Source can help. We offer expert Elk Grove, CA window shutter services from 11265 Sunrise Gold Cir Ste K Rancho Cordova, CA 95742. Please stop by and visit us or give us a call at (877) 333-9424 for more information on what we can do for you and your window shutters.