Working from home is the new norm! As companies get more and more comfortable with their employees working remotely, you get the chance to ditch the commute for good and work from home. However, this also means that you need to set up a good home office. That’s where these tips, like adding new window shutters to your Elk Grove, CA home, come in.
Here are tips for creating the perfect home office:
- Choose the Right Room – You need to find a room or area in your home in which you can create your office. While working on the couch or in bed might be tempting, it’s best to have a space that’s dedicated to working and one that can fit a desk and a chair, at least. Don’t forget to consider foot traffic, too, as it will be tough to work if everyone in the family is constantly walking by your desk or stopping to chat. Extra bedrooms, corners of the kitchen, basements, playrooms, or sunrooms are best.
- Find a Good Desk – There are two main kinds of desks, standing, and sitting. If you choose to go the standing desk route., be sure you find a good mat to stand on so your feet don’t get sore or tired. But no matter if you choose standing or sitting, be sure your desk has enough workspace. You need to have enough room for all the items you use on a daily basis like a computer, phone, monitor, paper, and pens, plus all those extras that always seem to pile up.
- Have Fun with Accessories – If you’re working from home, why not have some fun? Pick out accessories like wastebaskets, wall art, desk décor, or even a basic pencil cup that makes you smile or make you happy.
- Focus On Organization – It’s always smart to create a good organizational system right from the start. Plus, the right organization will make even the smallest space seem a lot bigger. Look for shelves, cubbies, baskets, and bins to help you stay organized.
- Access to Power – You need to plugin, and you really don’t want to be annoyed every time you have to cross the room to reach the nearest outlet. Try and organize your office in an area with easy access to power or at least run an extension cord to give yourself a simple place to plugin. Also, cord organizers are very helpful when it comes to preventing wires from getting tangled.
- Great Light – Lighting is also very important. It’s great to have lots of natural light in your office space to keep you energized and awake, but it’s also good to be able to customize that light when needed. Window treatments like shutters are excellent for offices because they allow you to personalize how much light you get throughout the day.
Want more tips on how to decorate your home office or make your house great? With years of experience in the Elk Grove, CA window shutter industry, The Shutter Source is here to help. Call or visit us today.