If you’re looking to revamp your bedroom this year, you might need a little inspiration. This list is here to help! From playing with texture and pattern to adding new window shutters in Elk Grove, CA, here are top bedroom décor tips for 2021:
- Cerused Wood – Cerused wood, or whitewashed wood, is all the rage this year. This wood is made by covering wood with a cream or a wax to highlight the wood grain details while making the color a uniform white or beige. There are tons of different Cerused wood shades to choose from, from dark grey to pure white.
- Natural Materials – Natural materials like rattan and wicker were big in the 90s, and they are back! Not only do these materials offer up different textures, but they also lend a casual yet refined air to space. Look for wicker baskets or light fixtures or choose rattan furniture like chairs or ottomans.
- Natural Light – Our bodies follow the rhythm of the sun, so we need natural light where we sleep. Make sure your bedroom is getting the light it needs by investing in new windows and proper window treatments like window shutters.
- Earth Tones – What’s more relaxing than a soothing sage green, balmy beige, or warm sand? Make your bedroom a true oasis by filling it with calming earth tones. You can always add pops of color and interest with throw pillows, blankets, art, or accent furniture, but try and keep the big items neutral.
- Bold, Thoughtful Lighting – You need your bedroom lighting to be just as beautiful as is it functional. Wall sconces are great for adding style and purposeful lighting for reading, and chandeliers over beds are always going to boost elegance.
- Play with Pattern – Painted murals, wallpaper, and large canvases are big right now, even in bedrooms. Instead of choosing a bold color for an accent wall, choose a bold print. Temporary wallpapers are great for achieving this look without as much commitment.
- Texture is Key – Smooth velvets, soft suede, nubby boucle, and other textured fabrics are coming back with a vengeance in 2021. It’s all about creating a layered vibe with lots of varying textures in coordinated tones or colors. A great place to add texture is with bedding since you can mix and match fabrics in pillows and comforters or duvets. Use at least two textures, but more than that will have an even bigger impact.
- Form and Function – Bedrooms need to be both stylish and functional, so look for pieces that are all about making your life easier. Smart home pieces like remote-controlled window treatments or voice-activated lights are always a good choice, while multi-tasking pieces such as storage beds are sure to be a hit.
For many people, spending so much time at home in 2020 has inspired them to make their home the best it can be in 2021. And that includes maybe one of the most important rooms of all: the bedroom. The Shutter Source is here to help if you want more décor ideas or information on Elk Grove, CA window shutters. After all, it’s easy to make your bedroom the best it can be with these tips and our help.