There are lots of different kinds of window shutters in Elk Grove, CA, including Bahama, bifold plantation, and double hung plantation shutters.
Keep reading to learn more about these various shutter styles.
- Bahama Shutters – Bahama window shutters, sometimes called Bermuda shutters, are push-out shutters that lift away from the window. They were given their tropical name because they are very popular in the Bahamas and other Caribbean islands for their added sun protection. Bahama shutters have louvers, that when set in the right way, allow you to see out the window even when the shutter is closed. They are also built in such a way that they give a bit of shade and sun protection when they are open. This is because they are secured at the top of the window and are propped directly horizontal above the window by a hook when opened. In the event of bad weather, or a desire for added protection, Bahama shutters can be removed from the hook and lowered down over your windows.
- Louvered Exterior Shutters– These shutters have slats that go across the shutter, giving them a classic look that’s also easy to use.
- Bi-Fold Plantation Shutters – have hinges in the middle that allow them to be folded up and placed on either side of the window. They can also be used as door shutters, and are commonly seen on sliding patio doors. When used on windows, bi-fold plantation shutters fold back on hinges so that they rest up against the wall when not in use. However, it’s important to keep in mind that they are not ideal for use on large windows because they are often too heavy and can sag.
- Arched and Angled Exterior Shutters – Both of these shutters are very stunning, as they are distinguished by arches or 45-degree angles on their tops. They come in louvered as well as paneled styles, giving homeowners lots of options in terms of look and function.
- Double Hung Plantation Shutters – Double hung plantation shutters, or tier on tier shutters, allow you to open and close half of the window at a time, depending on needs or preferences. This gives homeowners the freedom to allow us much or as little light into the room, or customize privacy. Made of 4 different shutters, double hung shutter pieces can be adjusted independently of one another as they have hinges on the sides that open or close. These shutters might be the most customizable, making them ideal for many different kinds of homes and needs.
- European and French Quarter Shutters – These two shutters can be used independently, or blended together for a more unique look. European shutters have panels on the top and louvres on the bottom, while French Quarter shutters are the opposite, with louvers on the top, and paneling on the bottom.
To learn more about what types of Elk Grove, CA window shutters you can get for your home, you can reach out to The Shutter Source by visiting 11265 Sunrise Gold Cir Ste K Rancho Cordova, CA 95742, or calling (877) 333-9424.