Remodeling is expensive, but some projects, like adding window shutters to your Elk Grove, CA home, can increase the value of your home or, in other words, offer you a return on your investment (ROI). The money you can recoup in home value varies from project to project, but there are certain ones that offer more bang for your buck.
Here is a list of the most valuable home remodeling projects according to the Cost Vs. Value Report for 2021:
- Garage Door Replacement – A new garage door will recoup 93.8% of your investment. This number is so high because garage doors are relatively easy to replace, and the work can be completed usually in just one day.
- New Windows – While the value of a window replacement can vary based on the type of replacement windows used, they generally come out to 68.6% recoupment. This is because replacement windows not only help your home look better, but also can dramatically lower your energy usage and costs. While you’re replacing your windows, don’t forget to invest in new window treatments, like window shutters. After all, you don’t want to put up old shutters or shades on top of your brand-new windows.
- Roof Replacement – A brand new roof might be on the pricey side, but it will recoup 60.7% of that initial cost. Roofing can be pricey because it’s a big, messy job that requires professional help in order to make sure that it’s done safely and correctly. But, once completed, a new roof will have a big impact on the overall look of your home and can also make your home more energy efficient so you can save money on heating and cooling.
- New Siding – If you want a major makeover for your home without all the work or mess of a big remodel, new siding is the way to go. New siding will dramatically improve your home’s outdoor appearance and function. This project will also recoup 68.3% of the cost!
- New Entryway – First impressions are important, so refreshing your home’s entryway will recoup 60.9% of the cost. Redo your entryway by investing in a new door, sidelight windows, and a fresh coat of paint.
- Bathroom Remodel – The second most redone room after the kitchen is the bathroom. This is because a bad bathroom can be really, really, bad, but just a few small finishes can make it really, really, nice. Plus, bathroom remodels can recoup 60.1% of the initial investment. This is generally seen in the resale value of your home as homebuyers love to see redone, updated, and attractive bathrooms.
- Small Kitchen Remodel – The kitchen is usually the most used and the most popular room in the house, which is why even a small remodel, like replacing hardware or countertops, can recoup 72.2% of the investment.
Sometimes it’s the small home remodeling projects that can make a big difference in your home and recoup the most of your investment. The Shutter Source is here to help if you want more home renovation or Elk Grove, CA window shutter tips. Call or visit us today to learn more.