Window shutters actually mean a lot for a house. From style and design to energy efficient and even temperature control, they make a big difference. That’s why it can be stressful to choose new window shutters for your Elk Grove, CA home. However, before you get overwhelmed, use this list of what to think about before choosing your window shutters to help you be more prepared to find the best window shutters for your home.
- Light Control – No one likes TV glare or sun-bleached furniture. Window shutters play a huge part in light control for your home. You can choose light filtering shutters that just minimize the light coming in, or blackout treatments that totally block light when closed. Window shutters with operable slats are also a good choice as they allow you to customize light control on a daily basis. You can tilt the slats open to allow some light to come in, or close them completely for total light control. Definitely think about what kind of light control you want your new window shutters to have.
- Window Shape – It’s easy to change a lot of things around your house, but window shape is not one of them. Its imperative to find window shutters that fit and compliment your home’s window shape. There are tons of window shutters that fit window shapes from classic rectangular to custom arched on the market. You can even custom-design and build window shutters to fit your specific needs and design wishes.
- Insulation – Even homes here in sunny Elk Grove need insulation. The hot and humid days oftentimes make your air conditioner work overtime, but the right window shutters can help. About 25% of the cost it takes to cool your home is from energy loss out your windows, but there are excellent shutter options that can knock that number down. Insulation is always a factor when buying new window shutters.
- Appearance – You can never discount the importance of style, and your window shutters are a big part of that. The right window shutters can give you traditional clean lines or vibrant hints of color to perfectly compliment your décor. Think about what your home style is, to find window shutters to perfectly match.
- Cost – We can’t trick ourselves into thinking that budgets aren’t important, even when it comes to window shutters. Affordability is a key factor when finding window shutters. Materials, sizes and time constraints all have an effect on the cost of shutters. Think about what you want to spend on your new shutters.
Buying new window shutters doesn’t have to be stressful or scary. You should have a good time when shopping for your new Elk Grove, CA window shutters. Need a bit more guidance? The Shutter Source can help. Please pay us a visit at 11265 Sunrise Gold Cir Ste K Rancho Cordova, CA 95742, or give us a call at (877) 333-9424 for more information.