Little changes here and there add up to a stylish and well-functioning home. You don’t have to do major home renovations to make a difference in your house. In fact, there are tons of ways you can improve your home without any major construction. From getting new windows to adding window shutters to your Elk Grove, CA home, here are some home renovations you can do without major construction:
- Elevate Window Treatments – Old window treatments like vertical blinds and expensive wood shutters only bring your home down. But new window treatments like faux-wood shutters or Roman shades? These add style and function. The right window treatment can boost your home’s energy efficiency and help manage the temperature inside your home. You can also have lots of fun choosing new window treatments that suit your function needs and style preferences.
- Mount Replacement Windows – Getting replacement windows for your home will not only make your house more energy efficient and comfortable, but will also improve your home’s value, curb appeal, and style. The best part? It usually only takes a single day to add replacement windows, making the process a simple, quick, and easy way to improve your home.
- Substitute Hardware – It only takes a few hours to replace the cabinet knobs, drawer pulls, light fixtures, faucets, and other hardware, but this simple upgrade has a big payoff. Replace the hardware in your kitchen and bathrooms for some new style.
- Enhance Shelving in the Garage or Basement – Clutter is ugly and makes your life difficult, especially in storage areas like garages and basements. Luckily, you can quickly and easily declutter these spaces by adding shelving. DIY shelving is easy and fun, and many home improvement stores sell various premade shelving options to make the project even easier. You can even add chains and S-hooks to further maximize the space with personalized storage solutions.
- Replace Light Bulbs – Old light bulbs are dim. Plus, they use up lots of unnecessary energy and can drive up your electricity costs. Try replacing old light bulbs with new LED models or halogen incandescent to reduce your energy usage, save money, and have better lighting.
- Paint Cabinets – Brand new kitchen or bathroom cabinets are expensive, but a few coats of new paint can work wonders. You’d be surprised how much a new color and fresh coat of paint will revitalize your kitchen or bathroom.
- Swap Light Fixtures – It’s not as hard as it may seem to replace light fixtures. You can replace your old light fixtures with newer more energy efficient models or choose new chandeliers, lamps, or globe lights that add fresh style to your home. Take it one step further and add a track or recessed lighting for a bright new look that’s also energy efficient.
The Shutter Source is here for you if you’re looking for more tips on a home renovation or Elk Grove, CA window shutters. After all, you can easily change your windows, boost energy efficiency, brighten up a room, and organize your space in one day or less.