Many people have recently started working from home. While this change offers many benefits, like no commutes and lots of sweatpants, there are also some downsides, like your home office. Rather than suffer through a bad home office, make it better with these tips from finding a good desk and getting a better chair to installing window shutters on your Elk Grove, CA home.
- Choose a Designated Space – It may be fun and comfortable at first to sit in bed with your laptop, but after a while, it will be tough to separate “working” from “off-time”. Instead, try choosing a designated workspace in your home. This will not only create helpful and healthy separation but will also help you avoid distractions. You don’t need a whole room, a living room nook, side kitchen table, or extra walk-in closet would all work fine.
- Get Plenty of Light – It’s no secret that natural light is good for you. But did you know it can also help boost your mood and concentration? Make sure your home office has plenty of light by installing the right kind of window treatments – like window shutters. Shutters allow you to adjust the amount of light coming into the room while also keeping your space private. Shutters are also ideal for controlling the light to fit your needs. Less light for a video meeting? More light for reading up on a new contract or deal? Done and done. Plus, shutters are very stylish and will add to the comfort of your new home office space.
- Get a Desk that Works for You – Yes, you need a desk. You can’t keep working at the coffee table forever. You need a desk that will fit your workday needs, not the other way around. If you mostly work from your laptop, a smaller desk or table works. But if you need a monitor or lots of paper, you will need a bigger surface. Choose a desk that works for you and your workday needs.
- Get a Better Chair – Your kitchen chairs are great for a meal or game night, but they won’t do for sitting in all day, five days a week. You need to get a desk chair that is comfortable and suited for working. If you’re feeling fancy you can get an ergonomic desk chair, but if you’re short on space or money you can upgrade an existing chair with some extra back support.
- Find What Works for You – Everyone has different needs and preferences when it comes to working from home. Luckily, one of the perks of working from home is getting to customize your workspace to whatever you want and need. But this oftentimes means a little trial-and-error. Don’t be afraid to try something new and move on if it doesn’t work.
Do you want more tips and tricks for your home? The Shutter Source, an Elk Grove, CA window shutter expert, is here to help. Call or visit us today to learn more about what we can do for you and your shutters.