Adding window shutters to your Elk Grove, CA home is a great way to boost your home’s comfort, value, function, and style. But what if you don’t like shutters or they don’t work with the vision you have for your home décor? Luckily, there are quite a few other treatment options for windows like blinds. What do you know about blinds? Most people don’t know much, or if they think they do, a lot of that information might be incorrect.
There are a concerning number of myths surrounding blinds, which can complicate things for the average customer. To help clear things up, here are some common blind myths and their truths:
- Blinds Spoil Your View – The opposite is often true! The right blinds can actually highlight the view from your window. All you have to do is choose the right size, type, and style of blinds to match your window and the rest of your house.
- Blinds are Hard to Clean – Don’t worry if you like to keep a clean home. Blinds, just like window shutters, are actually very easy to clean with the right technique. Just pay attention to the material like vinyl, wood and other common materials require different cleaning techniques. The best way to clean blinds? Lightly wipe them clean about once a week.
- Blinds are Dangerous – This one is based on some truth, like the hanging cords of corded blinds can pose a threat for young children and some pets. However, this problem is easily avoided! All you have to do is wrap up the extra hanging cord to reduce the risk of an accident. You can also choose motorized or cordless window coverings that don’t have any hanging cord at all.
- Blinds Don’t Last Long – Again, this myth isn’t true for all kinds of blinds, as a unit’s longevity depends on what kind of material it’s made from. Some types of blinds, like those made from aluminum, wood, and faux wood, are incredibly durable and can last years.
- There Aren’t That Many Options – Maybe there weren’t that many kinds of blinds to choose from in the past, but these days there are countless options. In fact, it’s simple to find the right blind for any window regardless of its shape, size, and style – especially since you can easily order custom made blinds that are specially designed to precisely fit your window and your home. Just do a little research into what kind you want and decide if you need to have it custom ordered.
- Expensive Blinds are Best – Not at all true! While you can definitely spend a fair chunk of change on premium window treatments, you can easily find affordable yet still high-quality blinds and window shutters for your home. You can choose from a wide range of pocket-friendly blinds that will fit your budget and install blinds in any room of your home without breaking the bank.
Do you have more questions on window treatments or Elk Grove, CA window shutters? Just get in touch with The Shutter Source today!